Sunday, June 19, 2005

AN UNWANTED VISITOR

Breathlessly I open the door but the smile on my face quickly disappears because at the door is my ex-fiance. How he found out where I am I don't know but I am not happy about this at all. I try to close the door, but he just puts his foot in the door and lets himself in to my house.

"Get out, I shout at him!" "I told  you that I didn't want to see you again!" "Now go, before I call the police and have  you taken away for trespassing."

He says," I am not going anywhere until you and I have a nice talk. I don't know why you left in such a huff. You didn't even give me a chance to explain about that night."

"I don't need any explaination, I saw and heard with my own eyes and ears what was going on in that garden." "Of all the dumb things to do, in my own home too. You are not welcome here and I want you out."

He reaches out and grabs me and trys to kiss me and I start to fight and try to get away, but he is too strong for me. I scream and for a moment he is shocked and loosens his hold on me.  I start to run away to the back of the house and to the garden.  I know he won't be able to find me there, but I don't reach the door. He is too fast for me and overtakes me and grabs me again. I yell out for he is hurting my arm now and pulling me back into the house. 

All of a sudden his hold on me is released and he is thrown across the room and lands on the floor. I just stand there not knowing what is happening. I am scared and frightened. He gets back up and he really looks angry now and he starts for me again. I turn to run, but all of sudden he is lifted up and it looks like he is flying as he is carried to the front door. The door opens and he is thrown out and he lands on the ground. He gets up but doesn't try to come back to the house . Instead he runs to his car yelling out that I will be sorry some day for breaking up with him that no one will want a crazy writter. I just sit on the floor and start to cry. I had hoped that I would be able to come here and have a new start. Suddenly the Captain appears and he sits on the floor with me and takes me in his arms and holds me as my body is racked with sobs. He softly whispers that all will be alright and that he will never let anyone hurt me again. I just let him hold me and cry  my heart out. Time passes and he holds me tenderly until I am all cried out.

It has gotten dark now and suddenly I feel so tired and worn out. The Captain takes me in his arms and carries my upstairs to my room and puts me down outside my bedroon door and says to go and have a good nights rest.  I look at him with tear stain eyes and I don't know why but I took his face in my hands and kissed him on the cheek and said thank you. He looked so surprised and put his hand on his cheek and smiled.  I turned to open the door and I wanted to thank him again, but when I turned around he was gone.  He disappeared again. 

I smiled as I entered my room. I guess my ex won't be bothering me here anymore. Finally, I will be at peace. Alone to do as I see fit and with whom I see fit.  I need a good nights rest.  Thank God for the Captain. Who knows what would have happened if he weren't here to protect me from that monster.   I am soooo  tired. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Janice..
The next time you update this journal..remember that sometimes real live people are inside of here reading this book..and this time it was me hannah..and i had just gotten done leaving you a comment and i wanted to make sure that my url was right..and back came this journal of yours..with a brand new entry..you scared me..hannah thinks this place of yours is so truly haunted..and hannah loves this book of yours..
jo..hannahthemaid....