Saturday, June 11, 2005

CAPTAIN MCCAINS SAILBOAT

Oh! I have slept so soundly. I had worked so hard yesterday getting this place all fixed up for me to enjoy. Today I want to go and snoop into all the rooms and I haven't even slept in the room I picked as mine. I choose the Captains room. I love the way it looks and feels in there. The furniture is all mahongy an warm. Hugh 4 poster bed and glass covered shelves with many of the Captains private possessions. There is a replica of the Captains ship also. What a beautiful ship it was. Look at it in full sail. I can close my eyes and imagine how it felt to be on that ship sailing around the world and seeing the world from the Captain's eyes. How exciting it must have been to just leave port and take off and be on your own just you and the ocean. Days of peace and solitude. Oh, I am sure he had his storms and bad weather to contend with, but this Captain loved all of it. I can tell by his home, this room. His mentos, the journal he wrote is setting on his night table yet. I am going to enjoy reading that and will read some every night. What a wonderous home I have found!! Every night I get to walk out of this bedroom doors and on to the veranda and look out to the ocean and see the lights from the lighthouse and hear its sad sound. I love hearing the waves as they hit the rocks below and the winds carry the cool breeze from the water up here. But now, I must go and find something to eat, for I am famished.  I have a lot of exploring to do in the next few days.

(hump!! Well, at least she isn't going to change my home like the others wanted to do. I like the way she talks about the water and the view. Also she has respect for my things. The others were going to give them away, huh!!! no way! I will have to give her a few more days before I decide if I want her here.  Time will tell if she will be the one to take over this house with me living in it here.)

 

No comments: