Friday, June 17, 2005

EXPLORING MY NEW HOME

As I walk back to the house I have decided to stroll through the massage gardens in the back of the house. What I saw there took my breath away.  There were bushes and bushes of Peonies all around the mansion and up and down the curved lane. They were pink and white and yellow and a dark red. I will have to take some pictures of these beauties and put them in frames and hang in my new home. I love the flowers and I have fallen so much in love with this house of mine. I feel so at peace here and I know that I will be able to get a lot of writing done now. There were just too many distractions where I lived before and the heartbreak of losing my fiance was just the last straw. I needed a new start and I know now that I was drawn to this house. It was made for me. I can feel it in every fiber of my body.

I am going to enter and snoop around and see exactly what the rooms look like with some of my things in them. I think I will start with the kitchen. It is so outdated, but quaint and the only thing I have added is a refrigerator and dishwasher. The stove was here and it is black cast iron. I love it and it will stay. I really don't cook that much so it will do for me.  there is only a long wooden table in this kitchen which shows years of wear. someone cooked here alot and you can see the cuts and grooves in the table from a cook working there. The Captain must have had a cook residing or coming in  to cook for him when he was home. This is a warm kitchen with a hugh fireplace in it. very old and very lovely.

Connected to the kitchen is the formal dinning room and it is so elegant. The table can easily hold 30 or more guests and it is a beautiful mahognay. with hugh high backed chairs to match. the seats and backs of the chairs are padded with a maroon silk and it has very tiny beige strips across them. How lovely they are. I can almost picture a dinner here.

(suddenly the Captain appears) "Well, lass, you are admiring the table and chairs that I had shipped here from Italy." He ran his hand over the top edge of the chair and table and said. "This golden streak around the table and around each chair is made of 14 carat gold and the small figures you see embedded in the gold are flowers of and leaves that go all around the table and chairs. The dark mahogany brings out this decoration and I fell in love with it the first time I saw it."He said. 

This room was hugh and had high ceilings and scones with candles in them all around the room hanging on the walls. They were only for decoration as there were mamoth crystal chandeliers , three of them , hanging over this table . I simply stared in awe of all this beauty and walked around the room looking at all the great pictures hanging on the walls. On the one side of the dinning room was another long dish cupboard and inside where the most wonderful array of dishes and cups and saucers I have ever seen. Arranged elegantly and there had to be a service for at least 50 people. All porcelin and with gold rims and a small family crest on the top of each dish and on the side of each cup. How wonderful this table must have looked all decked out in this finery. The silverware drawer was as wonderful as all that I had seen in here. Each piece had the family crest on the handle and each crest was encircled in gold. Lovely! Astonishing ! Absoultely astonishing! What a room to entertain people in for dinner.

(The Captain just watched as I walked and looked around and smiled. You could see that he was very proud of his choices in this room. He didn't say anything else, just stood by the head of the table and watched as I looked everything over and commented on each new thing I saw.)

When I turned to say something to him, he had gone again. That man was always appearing and disappearing. Then the doorbell rang and so I quickly ran out of the dinning room and down the hall to the front door to see who had come to visit me already. No one knew that I bought this place but a few good friends. I wondered who it would be.

 

 

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely Pics.Looks like you live in a nice area.

Anonymous said...

Hey..
Move over..hannahs going to move in..i love this place of yours.
jo..Hannahthemaid....