Wednesday, June 8, 2005

CAPTAIN THOMAS Mc CAINS HOME

On a lonely road far out of town there is a beautiful old house that sets on top of a high hill overlooking Cutters Cove. From the front windows you can see the cove with the lighthouse that turns on each night to warn sailors of the rocks below it. Cutters Cove is to the south of this lighthouse and was owned by a sea captain by the name of Thomas McCain. He came from Scotland to settle in the state of Maine. Built a shipping business and did very well for himself. He built this beautiful home and whenever he was in port, he would come here and stay sometimes for a month or two before he got the urge to sail away again and off he would go and be gone. It is a hugh old mansion and because the captain had no kin  all of his possessions are still in the house. Others have tried to purchase this home because it is so special being in the cove and all, but have been scared away by what they say was a terrible ghost. I am determined to have this home as I fell in love with it at first sight. I have never seen such a place in all of my life and there is something magical about this house. I can feel it. Tomorrow I will start cleaning and getting it ready for me to move into.  I can't wait for my new life to begin at Cutters Cove.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

If i could only figure out what to say to you about this newest journal of your own..you have always been about those houses of all light ever..Janice..this one is so beyond real..Hannah knew that someday you would find your way to that realest you ever..Bravo!..and so much more..a real winner this one is!
jo..Hannahthemaid....
http://journals.aol.com/hannahthemaid/MyLandOfMakeBelieve/

Anonymous said...

hOW WONDERFUL!! I CAN HARDLY WAIT TO READ WHAT HAPPENS NEXT.

Anonymous said...

An outstanding on going novel..More please.
jo..Tagalongangel....
http://journals.aol.com/tagalongangel/Tagalongangel/Poof/

Anonymous said...

Janice,
There are just no words for this journal of yours that i can think of here right now..and so..bravo from me to you!
jo..Mistaculangel....

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for creating this outstanding journal of yours..this one is beyond words and i adore it!
jo..Poofangel....

Anonymous said...

I ALSO LOVE THE COAST AND THAT IS SUCH A BEAUTIFUL PIC AND I LOOK FORWARD TO READING MORE DENISE

Anonymous said...

Janice ,, i have just 1 why didnt you finish it ???? i wended to read what happened to you and the Captain, are going to finish the rest ????? dont leave it here go on with the rest please . SHEILA