Friday, June 10, 2005

Moving IN Captain McCains Home

Well , today is the day. Hannahs' Maids are here and I have my van full of all my things that I need to set up housekeeping in my new home. Jo looks a little apprehensive about entering the house but I have assured her that all will be well. There has been no sightings of a  ghost for a long time and I felt that most of the stories were exaggrated anyway. Time to get these things in and start enjoying my new home. I have walked through the house and found many beautiful and special things that the Captain must have brought from all the different ports he visited. They are all so beautiful and I have decided not to change a thing in the house. I love the way it feels and looks in this house. It is more like a small mansion than a house, but I love the room . There is a hugh library full to the ceiling with books, all different subjects and authors. In the middle is a large desk where I will set up my computer for my writing. Today this house is full of people. The movers and Hannah's Maids and I are so busy cleaning and carrying things in that I will have to look at the other rooms another day, but you can be sure I will check them all out. Everyone of them and the attic too. I bet there are alot of interesting things here to look at and many rooms to explore.

(Oh! No! She is back, and look at all the people she has brought into my home. That woman!! I should have scared her off the first day she came to look at my home. Now look at her, she is setting up some thing on my desk that I have never seen before. What are ya doing woman?  Do you really think I am going to let you stay here then? I shall have to think of something very special to scare her away. She looks kind of frail and I don't think it will take much to make her run out my door. Ha Ha, this will be fun.)

Well, it is nightfall, and the Maids are all done and I have my office all fixed up. I am so tired that I will just wander into the kitchen and get myself one of the leftover sandwiches that Hannah made and a cup of tea and go into the office and rest. Tomorrow is another day for me to explore this house and I have shopping to do and just maybe change a few things around. Ahhh! this tea is good and this sandwich hits the spot.  I am so sleepy. I'll just lean back in this nice lounge chair here by the fireplace and relax. Till tomorrow then, as she drifts off to sleep.

(While above the fireplace in the hugh picture hanging there of Captain McCain He just looks down on her with a scowl on his face. Yes, He thinks, tomorrow we shall see what is going to be in store for you young lady. You better get your rest, you are going to need it.)

No comments: