Monday, July 4, 2005

McCain Castles

Today I haven't seen the Captain at all. I had wanted to ask him a few questions, about the chapter I am writing for this book but, he doesn't seem to be anywhere. I have called his name and walked through the house, but he has not answered me or appeared.  I wonder where he is?  I have stumbled unto another room today and on the wall of this room are hanging four hugh pictures of castles and each has the name of a McCain on them. They all must belong to different members of the McCain family.  How beautiful they are and I can imagine how they look inside. If the Captain were here today, I would ask about each one and how it looked and who it belonged to.  I will remember to find out all I can about these hugh castles. 

I feel sort of all alone here without the  Captain. I really shouldn't , not really. After all, He is a ghost. But I do miss him.  I hope he is alright, I don't think anything can happen to a ghost, right? After all they are dead already.  Oh! I have to stop thinking this way. Why am I so worried about him. He has been here forever and he is ok. I don't think he aged one minute. I never saw such a gorgous man in my life. Oh, dear!! I have to stop thinking that way too. What would people think of me if they knew I was living here and thinking about a ghost. 

Time to get some serious writing done, but I don't seem to be able to concentrate now. Maybe if I take a walk down to the cove and sit by the water for a while, I will be more relaxed and in the mood for writing.   I feel so mixed up today. My mind is so unsettled.  It has alot to do with the way the Captain held my hand and stroked the fingers and when I looked at him he seemed so far away as if he were remembering something. Then when he realized what he was doing, he pulled away abruptly and moved away.  That was unsettling for me and him I think.  Humm, I just can't stop thinking about that moment.

Time to get back to reality and go down and see the cove and the people there. Maybe even go for a swim, if the water isn't to cold.  Then I will be more sensible and able to write.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmm, so romantic and haunting . . . I love this story, Janice.  I don't see how it can have a happy ending but, I'm a faerie, so I'm eternally optimistic.  : )

Anonymous said...

I love the Pics.Interesting story as well.

Anonymous said...

I am addicted to this haunting journal of yours..and what i want to know is just how come you can't feel his presence all the time..he lives right there..he is stuck there..inside of this place called cutters cove.
jo..Hannahthemaid....

Anonymous said...

Hannah, If you read down at the beginning, I have never sensed his presence. He appears and disapprears at will. I can only see him and feel him if he chooses to let me. He can let you see him or not depending on his mood and he could be in the room and I would not know it. He is a ghost after all. He can control what happens so to speak.

Anonymous said...

May i ask you why there is nothing new to read inside of this journal of yours..i need more please...and by the way if i had a ghost like yours..i would really really know he was near me.
jo..Hannahthemaid....