Tuesday, July 12, 2005

The Captains Den

I woke up a little confused. I was fully clothed and in my bed. That was unusal in itself because I remember being at my desk reading the newspapers. How did I get up here? Well, I must have been more tired than I thought I was to have come to bed and not even undressed and wrost not to remember doing it at all.

I was walking down the hall and saw a door ajar and was going to close it when I spotted the Captain standing by a fireplace. I knocked on the door and said hello  and he told me to come in the room.

What a great room this was. I hadn't looked in all the rooms on the second floor and this looked like a library or den. It had a huge fireplace in it and the Captain was standing there in front of a roaring fire. He had some pictures on the fireplace and other nicknaks too. I didn't want to appear nosey , so I didn't really take a good look at them.

"Well, Lass," He said."Did you get a good nights rest?" "I found you asleep at your desk and took you up to your room so that you would be more comfortable." "Your as light as a feather, ya know, you ought to eat more, least you fade away," He laughed as he said this.

So, that is how I got upstairs and in bed. I was a little shy now. He must have picked me up and carried me all the way to my room and tucked me in bed. I must have been very tired not to have felt him pick me up and carry me.  I thanked him for his thoughtfulness and I could feel my cheeks burning red. He looked at me with a wicked smile on his face and winked at me , and said that I was welcome. It was his pleasure, and that it had been a long time since he had carried a woman to bed.  This remark made me blush even more , and I hurridly said that I had better go downstairs and have some breakfast and go and do the shopping I had planned for today.  As I left the room and closed the door, I could hear him laugh as I ran down the stairs and into the kitchen. I put both of my hands on either side of my face and it felt hot enough to cook an egg. Oh! that Captain!  I will be more careful about falling asleep in my office again. I wouldn't want it to become a habit of him carrying me off to bed.

I had a cup of coffee and some toast and got my hat and coat and left the house. I looked up at the second floor and there he was watching me  as I left. I lifted my hand and waved goodbye to him and he smiled and waved back. He opened the window and yelled down to me that I should hurry back as he had some more adventures to tell me about his seafaring days.

That was all it took for me to set out at a brisk walk and make up my mind that I would only get what I really  needed and look the town over some other day. It was much more interesting for me to hurry back to be with the Captain and hear about his adventures on his many travels and the places he went and what he did there.

"Ahhh, Lass, hurry back, I miss you when you  are not here. It is too quiet now without your constant questions and curiosity. " He was smiling as he watched her practically running into town.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was an absolutely beautiful story. It would be so wonderful 2 actually loved so much, absolutely breathtaking. I just can not imagine such, as it is just 2 good 2 b true!!