Wednesday, July 6, 2005

Captain watches from the den

Look at her, sitting on that lounge chair by the water with her eyes closed relaxing in the sun. She brings so many memories back to me. I had thought I had forgotten about. Now, her coming here and her intellengence and her commitment to her writing and her ideals  have brought back things that I thought were long dead and gone. I stand here by the patio doors and look out of my den and can see all the way to the cove and I can feel the old feelings starting to haunt me again. What am I going to do about all of this. I promised her a book, I promised to tell her all about my adventures, but how can I be so close to her and not feel anything any more. It has been too long. Way too long and I must restrain myself from doing anything foolish and making her move away.  I will have to be very careful when I am around her not to touch her or hold her hand again.  I can still feel the sensations as I held her hand in mine and stroked her fingers. Such long beautiful fingers. Soft hands that turned my thoughts to long ago when I held anothers hand and stroked her fingers. but not like long ago also. There were real feelings there for her, that she must never know.  This is going to be hard for me to do, but I must. What future is there for her with me? I am a ghost, a mere light. And yet, she can touch me and I her?  I don't understand that my self. The others could not touch me when I chased them out, but she can. I have felt it and should I be able to feel like this? I am confused and I must think these things out. So for a while I will stay away and see if I can come up with an answer to all my questions. 

"I wonder where the Captain has gone." "I feel so good sitting in the sun, but it is time to go and try and do some writing and I should stop thinking about him. " "Oh! Dear!, now I am talking to myself, if anyone should hear me they will think I am going crazy ."

I quickly picked up my things and walked back to the house and as I did so , I glanced up at the den and saw the Captain in the patio doorway, I waved and called him, but he just disappeared. He didn't answer me or acknowledge me in anyway. I will go up there and see if he is there and find out what is going on. Why won't he talk to me and where is he all day and night?  I will find out soon enough. I am almost to the house now and I know he was up in that den.

No comments: