Thursday, July 7, 2005

Finding the blue bedroom

I wasn't able to find the Captain last night. I went to the den and he wasn't there. I called his name over and over and he did not appear. There was a bright fire buring in the fireplace and three or four books on the desk there, but no sight of the Captain. I don't understand why he left in such a hurry.

I have decided to look for him and see if he is in any of the other rooms that I still have not seen. I haven't been up the third floor because it is mostly empty bedrooms for guests and I have had no chance as of yet to explore. I have called and called but no answer on the first and second floors. Maybe he goes to the third floor and feels more at home there because all my things are on the first two floors. 

There are six extra bedrooms here on this floor and each one is decorated so beautifully. I can understand how proud the Captain is of this magnificent home. The first three rooms were empty except for there furniture and beautiful view from their window.  No captain and no evidence of him either. In the fourth room I found that it was more decorated and more lovely than the others. There was a gold hairbrush and mirror on the dressing table and a schivrobe of many gowns hanging on hangers inside. They were so wonderful. Very decorative and long and they seemed to look like something from earlier times.  They reminded me of the dresses worn at court in those castles that I saw hanging in the other rooms.

I looked up on the wall and just in front of this massive bed over the fireplace was a hugh portrait of the Captain and a woman . He was standing behind her and had his hands on her shoulders. She was quite beautiful and seemed so regal in her gown. He looked so protective of her. The way his hands were placed on her shoulders, you could tell he would let no one hurt this person.  I wonder who she was. This must have been her room and why on the third floor? Why not on the second were all the family were?  Oh!! so many questions and no answers.  "Captain!! Captain!! where are you?? Please come out.  I would like to talk to you."I shouted out loud to no avail.

I hope the Captain doesn't stay away for a long time. I am beginning to worry about him now.  Was this his girlfriend? Wife?  Who is this woman? I am going to drive myself crazy if I don't get some answers soon.

I have gone through all the rooms and so far no Captain and no other clothes. They are all decorated beautifully, but no more pictures of the Captain in any of them.  I know he isnt on the second floor, so I am not even going to look in those rooms today. 

I will just have to wait until he wants to come back and then I will try to get some answers to my many questions. It is going to be tough for me, I am a very curious person and this mystery will drive me up the wall. How can I concentrate on writing when I have this mystery to solve?

Darn you Captain!! How can you just disappear without any explanation like that and make me so upset?

 

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Waiting . . . the soul's torture.  Lovely and captivating, Janice.