Thursday, September 1, 2005

Thoughts of you

I have forgotten how busy and hectic New York is after being out in Cutters Cove for all this time. I can't wait until I can get back there. I don't like this life any more. I want my quiet and peace and .......my heart is not here. I miss the Captain. I miss his gruff voice when he thinks I will get hurt . I can see his face when I try to fall asleep here at night. Dreaming of him all night.

They have taken me out for the night to a very nice club. The singer is singing all love songs and I am becoming more alone with each song. My mind can't concentrate on what they are saying to me. I just want to be done here and go home. I miss the sights from my veranda. I miss his presence in the room telling me all about his life. They can't understand how I can stay out there in that little cove. I only smile at them and keep silent. I can't tell them that there is someone there that I miss so terribly and that he has become so very important to my existance. I can't imagine not being there and not having him near.

They keep telling me that I am not there with them that I am daydreaming. If they only knew what and who I was dreaming about they wouldn't believe me.

Two more days, only two more days and I can leave. There is nothing they can say or do that will make me stay here. I have all the work done and the meetings too.

I need to go home. It is as if I can here him asking me to come home. Even in the daytime, I can see him on the veranda and looking out to see if I am coming home.  Oh! Let me go home! Nighttime is worse. I can't stop thinking of him and his smile and how he stands and glares at me when I do something dumb. HaHa. I can't help but smile. I close my eyes and can feel his kiss on my forehead.

This is ridicules! I want to go home! Tomorrow I am telling them that I have had enough and I am leaving. There is nothing more to do. They just want me to go out with them and celebrate the winning of the poetry contest. Well, tonight is it for me.  Enough fooling around. I am leaving tomorrow morning and going back to Cutters Cove. 

I hope the Captain misses me as much as I miss him. Well, either way, it is time to leave and return to sanity. 

Goodnight to New York and hello Cutters Cove!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to go "home" too!  I want the Captain to talk with me and walk with me and share his world and his heart with me, too!  Lovely write, Janice!

Anonymous said...

Great Entry.

Anonymous said...

This is the man of every woman's dreams I think....I know it is mine.....