Sunday, September 11, 2005

Welcome Home again

I am so tired, I had to pick up my car at the airport and drive home and it was a long trip from New York city to Maine and Cutters Cove. I am so happy to be pulling into my driveway and I don't even think i will unpack today. It was so beautiful driving on the coastline and I just feel like relaxing  and enjoying my cove.

As I  got out of the car, I felt hands under my shoulders and being lifted and put on the hood of the car.I  was so surprised to see that it was the Captain that had lifted me  and he was standing between my legs and holding me by the waist. He took my hands in his and just stood there looking at me with those charcoal black beautiful eyes. They seemed as if they were looking through me. I sat quietly and just stared at him.

He finally spoke as he looked into my eyes and held both my hands with his. "Ah, Lass, I have missed ya so much these two weeks. The house is na the same without you in it now." "I was so afraid that you would not come back here to this quiet cove and me after the big city and all its glamour." "I shouldna let you go, I should have told you to have those people here and put up with their nonsense, because I didna think I would miss you so much." He said.

He leaned over and gently kissed my forehead and looked back into my eyes and pulled me towards him and kissed both of my cheeks. I wrapped my arms around him and he and i just held each other for what seemed like eternity. Oh! It felt so good to be in his arms and I didn't move an inch. I loved the way he felt and I didn't want him to let me go.

He pulled back and went to the trunk and took out my suitcase and motioned for me to walk ahead of him to the house. I did as I was bid and walked into my home with a big smile on my face. 

There were flowers all over!!! On the mantle of the fireplace and on all the tables. In the main hall there were vases of roses. The house smelled wonderful and I turned to look at him. He was smiling and standing as proud as a peacock . I knew he had done this for me and he knew my favorite flower is roses. How beautiful the whole house seemed to me! I walked through it and the smell of all the flowers wafted through each room.  I asked him how he knew I was coming home a day earlier and he said that he didn't, but that he hoped he wouldn't have to go and pick flowers everyday to fill the vases.

I was dumbstruck. No man had ever done such a sweet thing for me in my life. They usually expected me to do things for them. I was filled with so much admiration and love for this man. This tough seafaring Captain, that is a ghost in my home.

I simply was overwhelmed and so I walked up to him as he stood there in the hall with my suitcase in his hand and put my hands on his shoulders and raised up on my tiptoes and kissed him very gently and slowly on his warm lips.  I moved back afterwards and just stood and looked at him as he smiled and winked at me, and proceeded to carry my case up the stairs and to my room.

"Now lass", he said as he climbed the stairs."Tomorrow you will tell me all about your adventure in the big city as we enjoy a picnic by the waterfall." "But for today, will ya come with me and go for a walk by the cove?"

"Yes", I said, "I am tired and just need to relax and I was thinking of doing just that as I was driving home along the coast."

"Did ya now lass?" "Well, than that is what we will do.""Come with me now and lets take that walk and sit in the cove on a blanket and watch the boats and the ocean ." "There be no finer way to relax than watching the boats go in and out and the water lapping on the beach>" "Come now, take my hand, and lets go ." "Come!"

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was fantastic.  You need to write books.  I,de read them.

Anonymous said...

Hummm can I know where this place is ? I would love to meet him.

Lynda

Anonymous said...

so nice and warm and loving.  Everyone should have a captain like this one

Anonymous said...

J?  I don't know how to break this to you . . . but I'm in love with your Captain too.  And with your breathtaking story and artfully penned images.  Thank you!  Faerie

Anonymous said...

mmmmmmm, me too, Janice!  Think I'm in love, wouldn't blame you at all for not sharing!  You write really well, love your stories!  Keep writing, write a novel, I'll buy it!  And read it!

Deb

Anonymous said...

Great pics and great entry.