Friday, April 4, 2008

The Dream--Or Was It???

My days have all melded into one as I sit here embrossed in my newest novel. I have only one more day to finish it and send it out to my publisher if I want to meet my deadline date.  Is it day or night? I don't know for I have been here writing what seems like forever, but when the story plays itself in your mind you dare not stop. 

"The lass is still at her machine typing away. I dare not intrude again, as I had the day before and upset her. Frantic she is to finish this novel on "The Shores of Cutters Cove". I have secretly been reading it when ever she leaves to go and freshen up. Tis a good solid work she has done. One that she can be proud of.  I shall just slip away and leave her to her work."

She could feel his presence in the room, but didn't acknowledge that he was there. This novel had to be finished and then she could relax again.  Until that time all niceities had to be put aside.

After many hours of hard work, it was finally done. She put the manuscript in a Fedx Special Delivery envelope and set it on her desk so that when they came tomorrow to pick it up she would know were she left it. 

Tired, so very tired and all her muscles aching from the long stretches at her computer, she got up and stretched her aching body. She was tired but happy. Her manuscript was done and she was pleased with its outcome.  A lovely story about Cutters Cove. A love story of course. That was her trademark writing love novels. 

Yawning as she climbed the stairs to bed, thoughts of another write was already forming in her mind.  She undressed, putting her silk nightgouwn on slipped into her bed. She no sooner laid her head down that she fell into a deep sleep.

" Ahh, the lass is finally done with her work and is in her bed," the captain thought as he approached her. "Such a sweet angelic face she has, those blue eyes hiding behind long dark lashes." " Long curly hair trailing down upon the blanket." "So many good qualites the lass has, a bright, generous, warm, and loving open heart. All of these qualities were inbedded in her heart and soul."  He sighed, as he looked at her as she slumbered.

Silently he brushed a kiss on her forehead and gently stroked her hair. "Ahh, lass, what I wouldn't do to be with you. Lying in your embrace and holding you close to my heart."

A tenderness came over him and feelings that he hadn't thought he could everhave again overwhelmed him. He had been in this house a very long time and hadn't let anyone take what was his. This house was his santuary and his only possession left in this world. 

Gently he laid down on top of the blanket and stroked her hair. Whispering in her ear in Gaelic, words that he hadn't said in centuries. He could feel her sweet breath as he gazed at her. Overwheming emotions churned inside of him and drew him closer to her side.  She sighed quietly in her sleep and he put his arm around her and kissed her hair.  There were yellow roses in a vase on the nightstand and he reached over and got one. Gently he stroked her face with the soft petals and down her left arm . She sighed again and hugged her pillow tighter. He smiled because she was reacting to his touch. He put his fingers in her lovely hair and drew them through to the very ends. Lifting it up to his lips, gently kissed the strands as he held her with the other hand. Oh to love a women like this. Young and virbrant, strong yet gentle. A tiny bit of heaven was right there lying in her bed.  It was time to leave and let her get her rest.

Something awaken her and she set up. She had the most lovely dream. The captain was there in her room, lying next to her in her bed. She looked around and saw no sign of anyone.  Sighing , she said out loud, "It was only a dream, a lovely dream."  Then she turned her head and saw the yellow rose on the pillow next to her. Crossing her arms over her chest, she smiled. If this was only a dream, why did she feel so warm and who had put that yellow rose on the other pillow?  With a smile on her face, she laid back down and hoped that the dream would come back, or if the captain would come back.

 

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lady Janice

this is simply an amazing story.   your best in my opinion!

Larry

Anonymous said...

Oh My  I love this one Janice.  WOW    Captain is sooo romantic.

Anonymous said...

Whispering to her in Gaelic?  Stroking  her hair?  Running the petals of a rose down her arm??  Dang!  (grinning)  Yes, come back, Captain -- dreamm or no . . . come back!

This is beyond romantic, JaniceFaerie . . . I completely L-O-V-E it!

Thank you for writing it and sharing it.

Just thinking about that chapter, I've practically got the vapors now!

Bright Blessings and Love,

Faerie

Anonymous said...

This is Beautiful with tears in my eyes. I loved this movie too. Great job!


Love,

Marsha The Poet Me?

Anonymous said...

This journal has nothing to do with any movie. It is strictly from me and my stories I write, Myself.  

Anonymous said...

Just checking in on your wonderful journal and I love what I read. You are so amazing. Love, Peace and Hugs always, Donna