Saturday, February 14, 2015

From Fall to Winter

It has been an uneventful summer after my friends left. No visitors and I am kind of glad as I have been very busy writing my newest book and starting a new book of poems that my editor would like me to do. I haven't decided what to call it yet and I am in the process of picking out a name and I have to find pictures to go with all the poems I submit to my editor. The manuscript that I sent in took so long to get it finally done. I guess it went back and forth from here to New York at least six times. Redoing a lot of the work takes a lot of time and patience. But finally it is on the book shelves of all major stores. I have my fingers crossed that it will become a best seller. What a coup that would be for me. ( Aye, look at her so engrossed in her writing that she doesn't know I am sitting in the chair watching her as she works. It has been happy years for me as I have grown to love her so much and my heart is filled with happiness as I see her bursting with pride over her finished work. I like that she is not one to boost and strut because she has become an accomplished writer. She is as sweet and kind as the first day she came here. I have told her many stories about my life that she has turned into an amazing adventure for all to read. I, myself have smiled as I read her words. It is a good book and should do well. Full of adventure and mystery and love. All the ingredients needed to hold a persons interest. They will smile, laugh, and cry all in one book. That is an extraordinary gift to be able to do such a work and have people clambering to buy it. ) The Captain slowly gets up and quietly stands behind her as she is working and gently touches her head with a kiss. She stops typing and smiles as she turns around and sees him standing there. No longer surprised by his popping in and out. They have become so close over the years and in her heart she knows that no one could ever match what she feels for him. But in her mind she has a nagging thought that will not go away. How can anything come form loving someone that is a ghost. Unlike ghosts that others think of as ghosts for he can become solid if he wants to but she is the only one that can see him. How do you explain that to your friends and family? They would think she has been alone too long. No time to think of that now for it is the Christmas season and she has decorated the tree outside and it looks wonderful. At night time it glows a bluish color and the towns people have commented on how lovely it looks. Inside the Captain and her spent a very happy night stringing popcorn and putting lights on the tree. She smiled when she remembered his surprise when he saw all the fancy ornaments she had stored in the attic. He had never seen anything like them. Some revolved and some played songs when a button was pressed. Others were treasures from her mom and those were especially beautiful. This was a happy Christmas for her and all she wanted was to spend it with him. Just the two of them in this wonderful old house.

No comments: